- It would be unfair to start discussing alternatives without listing the AMPure XP from Beckman. It is the most widely used and often appears as an OEM component in NGS library prep kits. The workflow is efficient and easily automated which can be a real boon to labs doing lots of cleanup.
- AMSbio have a whitepaper describing their MagSi-DNA clean-up beads and recommend it as an alternative to AMPure XP and CleanSEQ.
- AlineBiosciences has the PCRclean-dx kit and say it is a “superior Ampure XP alternative…with a fraction of cost.”
- Corning supply the Axygen AxyPrep FragmentSelect-I Kit which uses a “unique paramagnetic bead technology” for high-throughput optimised DNA size selection.
- Promega’s DNA-IQ system is designed for forensic and paternity laboratories, but uses paramagnetic beads to isolate clean DNA for use in STR analysis.
Lastly the Just-a-Plate PCR purification tech from CharmBiotech dispenses with magnetic beads entirely. There Solid Surface Reversible Binding (SSRB) technology uses 96 well plates coated with SSRB chemistry to bind amplified DNA directly from PCR reactions.
Hopefully you took the pop up poll that appeared when you came to this page…if not please do let me know which SPRI technology you are using by answering the poll now?